This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Touch events on wrong screen (Wayland)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jlo
Registered Member
I'm running a two-display setup with one of the displays being a Wacom Cintiq 27QHDT providing both pen and touch input. After updating to input-wacom 2.00-0.48.0, the pen works, but the touch events go to the wrong display. It does not seem to matter which of the two displays is set to be the primary one or which display is the one positioned on the top in the settings ("Display Configuration").

In the "Drawing Tablet" system settings (the "Graphic Tablet" system settings only work for X11, not for Wayland), I can set the target display for the pen events. There is only a single device ("Wacom ... Pen"), and there does not seem to be a similar setting for the touch events. Or is there?

On X11, setting up
Code: Select all
xinput map-to-output <ID> <NAME>
may serve as a workaround. Is there an equivalent that works under Wayland?

I'm running KDE Plasma (Wayland) 5.25.4 on openSUSE Tumbleweed with a 5.19 kernel.
nicolasfella
Registered Member
jlo
Registered Member
Thanks for pointing that out! Yes, plugging the Wacom into the video output I formerly used for the second display and vice versa solved it now for me. That doesn't look like a solid solution, however. This is somewhat worrying given that the bug was reported almost three years ago.