This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Why are all my Telegram icons so low-resolution?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
djsushi
Registered Member
This is what my Telegram icons look like:

These are what profile pics look like:

I'm running Arch Linux btw. The weird thing is that when I installed Arch Linux through their automated installer, the icons looked normal. But I had to install Arch manually and it's low res like this. It has been like this since I started using Arch Linux. I think there's somewhere a package missing but I might be wrong. Why are these icons so low resolution and how could I fix them?
chiefbromden
Registered Member
OS
The graphical interface on Archlinux is very tricky. The only way that I know to get work as it should be on a linux system is to compile it your self. I did it for Gnome on Funtoo and worked like a charm. I didn't try the automatic installer for Archlinux, but if it worked for you, maybe you should stick with that.
djsushi
Registered Member
Thank you, well, I would stick to that if I could but I cannot because of some bugs that prevented it from working on my machine. I will try compiling but I feel like it's not the proper solution since it worked on the `archinstall`-installed system without manual compilation.

Edit:
I fixed it. I didn't real the Arch wiki, where the solution was (of course) written. It's an issue with Qt and their HiDPI scaling. Thanks though!
chiefbromden
Registered Member
OS
djsushi wrote:Thank you, well, I would stick to that if I could but I cannot because of some bugs that prevented it from working on my machine. I will try compiling but I feel like it's not the proper solution since it worked on the `archinstall`-installed system without manual compilation.

Edit:
I fixed it. I didn't real the Arch wiki, where the solution was (of course) written. It's an issue with Qt and their HiDPI scaling. Thanks though!

Do you mean this: