This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE Neon desktop icons move after reboot

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dcot
Registered Member
I am running KDE Neon 5.25 with KDE Plasma 5.25.5 (fully up to date as of this morning). Every time my system reboots, the desktop icons move even though the icons are locked. I have found multiple reports of this problem since at least 2017 but no solution. One thread suggested changing the wallpaper, which I have done but it didn't work. Does anyone have a solution, please, because it's an annoying waste of time repeatedly having to move the icons back to their correct positions after every reboot? Thank you in anticipation.
dcot
Registered Member
After a bit of testing, I can now be more specific about how the icons move. My icons are arranged in columns with most on the left but also some on the right. Every time the system boots, each column after the first moves down one, even if the columns are not full. So the second column moves down one, the third down two, and so on. My display resolution, if that makes a difference, is 1366x768. Reducing the bottom panel height from the default of 44 to as little as 30 made no difference.