This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Disable CTRL ALT DEL on VM Template

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bsisko
Registered Member

Disable CTRL ALT DEL on VM Template

Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:35 pm
Hello, KDE has an annoying feature where if you press CTRL ALT DEL it brings up a prompt and the default option is logout. This makes a VDI scenario very difficult as users think they're just locking their local laptop but instead log themselves out of a remote session. Our base OS is RHEL 8.4. I'm wondering how can you disable this key binding as a system wide default setting? I can use the GUI and disable for myself. Below is the ksmserver section I got from editing my own settings and coping the file contents of ./config/kglobalshortcutsrc to:

/etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kglobalshortcutsrc
/usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config/kglobalshortcutsrc
/etc/xdg/kglobalshortcutsrc

None of them seem to be being read by KDE or overriding a user setting if it exists. To make sure the scenario is understood, think of this as a VM template that could be used by many users. New accounts or existing, this would override any existing config or copy a default config. Any ideas? I don't know KDE very well other than it's not supported by RedHat in this release, so I can't go to the vendor. And our user community needs it. Thanks for any help.

[ksmserver][$i]
Halt Without Confirmation=none,none,Halt Without Confirmation
Lock Session=\tCtrl+Alt+L\tScreensaver,Meta+L\tCtrl+Alt+L\tScreensaver,Lock Session
Log Out=none,none,Log Out
Log Out Without Confirmation=none,none,Log Out Without Confirmation
Reboot Without Confirmation=none,none,Reboot Without Confirmation
_k_friendly_name=ksmserver