This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

New User - Couple of questions - Solved it myself

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
yodamin
Registered Member
Updated: solved it myself - giggle, this is awesome ^-^

For those that read this in the future, open "configure task manager" from each taskbar and set the "behaviour" to:

Group: whatever

Sort: By desktop

On middle click: (whatever)
cycle tasks with mouse wheel (whatever)

Filter:

Show only tasks from the current screen = checked
Show only tasks from the current desktop = checked
Show only tasks form the current activity = checked
Show only tasks that are minimized (I left it unchecked)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey,

I am using Kubuntu and have a couple of questions about KDE Window management specifically: not sure if this is the correct sub thread

1 - When handling multiple monitors:
- rebooting wipes out my monitor arrangement / refresh rates
(Monitor arrangement 3,1,2 before reboot: Monitor arrangement 1,2,3 after reboot)
(all monitors at 120Hz before reboot: 2 monitors at 60Hz and one at144Hz after reboot)

2 - Show Windows icon on the same task bar where the app is opened only (as opposed to showing on all 3 task bars)

3 - If I move an app window from monitor 1 to monitor 2 the taskbar icon should follow the window
(I have no clue if this will work or not because of #2)

That's it.
Any help resolving these issues would be MUCH appreciated.
If they cannot be resolved due to feature not yet being available in KDE I can go back to Debian Bullseye / Mate which does all these things.

I LOVE KDE, more then Mate for sure - the configuration of MOST everything else is awesome.
However, the window management features I mentioned are deal breaker for me.
I came over to Kubuntu simply because I read in a forum somewhere that KDE Plasma had superior window management to all other distributions.
I am finding out that is mostly true but unless the above can be done - then definitely not true.

AND it is ALL GOOD - I am NOT complaining I am learning :-)
I can re-visit KDE once more when these features ARE implemented is all, if they aren't already and I am just not seeing them?
Hopefully this is the case as I just spent 2 days getting Kubuntu setup the way I like it :-)
yodamin
Registered Member
I don't think it is appropriate to accept my own post as an answer (:-(

Maybe a mod can do whatever with it please?