This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

custom profile added in color corrections not used

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
slipstreams
Registered Member
Hello,

I am working from Ubuntu Studio 22.04 with Plasma version 5.24.7 & NVIDIA RTX2060 graphics card with proprietary driver 520 installed. I have 2 monitors, a CCFL wide gamut monitor (DP) as my main monitor and a generic HDMI monitor.

I have made a custom profile from another Ubuntu partition (KDE 20.04) using displayCal and have copied it to both systems in .local/share/ICC and also /usr/share/color/icc/colord. I tried to select the profile via settings;color correction; add profile and set system-wide and rebooted. Although color profile viewer does point to my profile,
Krita & Gimp both were still showing some default ICC profiles instead, so I had to set my profile manually. Darktable has a command to verify if x atom and colord are using the same profile and it gave errors:

Code: Select all
darktable-cmstest
darktable-cmstest version 4.0.1
this executable was built with colord support enabled
darktable itself was built with colord support enabled

primary CRTC is at CRTC 0
CRTC for screen 0 CRTC 2 has no mode or no output, skipping
CRTC for screen 0 CRTC 3 has no mode or no output, skipping

DP-4    the X atom and colord returned different profiles
        X atom: _ICC_PROFILE (1248 bytes)
                description: STD HDMI TV
        colord: "/home/supernova99/.local/share/icc/edid-070d5bb6bb5356b4305763105c0f4601.icc"
                description: HP LP2475w

HDMI-0  the X atom and colord returned different profiles
        X atom: _ICC_PROFILE_1 (0 bytes)
                description: (none)
        colord: "/home/supernova99/.local/share/icc/edid-9d1118216ad297ae2ba46613acedc5a7.icc"
                description: STD HDMI TV

Better check your system setup
 - some monitors reported different profiles
You may experience inconsistent color rendition between color managed applications

My DP monitor is falsely reported as an HDMI monitor to start!

This is the desired profile: HP LP2475w #1 2022-12-03 21-35 2.2 F-S XYZLUT+MTX.icc

How do I get my profile to be used by my main monitor and the HDMI monitor to use a default sRGB profile as was used in previous Ubuntu installations?