This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Task manager shortcuts are being merged into unusable icon

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
choqlatt
Registered Member
I upgraded from Kubuntu 20.04 to 22.04.
Since I did, my task manager shortcuts are being merged into one unusable shortcut.

For example: I pinned Opera and Firefox to the task manager. The icons or application bars are next to my workspaces, as I expect them to be.
After a while, suddenly I see this icon on my task manager (the empty page); the application icons have disappeared:

Don't mind the Thunderbird icon, I had pinned Thunderbird after the merge had taken place.
As I'm hovering over the icon you can see the link appear above it: a merge of both Firefox and Opera shortcuts.

As a result, I have to keep pinning my favourite applications to the task manager; after a while I only have this one useless link left - I can only remove it - and have to restart pinning to the task manager.

I have different icons on my second screen task manager, which is not affected by this behaviour.

I don't know what causes this or where the shortcut (.desktop?) files are stored. Can someone help me out here?

Thanks

Update.
I found the configuration file: ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc
In it, I can find the corrupted pinned apps:
Code: Select all
[Containments][2][Applets][45][Configuration][General]
launchers=applications:opera.desktop%5C\\,applications:firefox_firefox.desktop%5C\\,applications:google-chrome.desktop%5C\\,applications:org.kde.konsole.desktop\\,applications:thunderbird.desktop\\,applications:opera.desktop\\,applications:firefox_firefox.desktop,applications:google-chrome.desktop

As well as the pinned apps on my second screen (functioning correctly):
Code: Select all
[Containments][33][Applets][36][Configuration][General]
groupingAppIdBlacklist=\\0
groupingLauncherUrlBlacklist=file:///opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica
launchers=applications:asbru-cm.desktop,applications:code_code.desktop,applications:virtualbox.desktop

At this moment my first screen only shows one pinned Chrome shortcut next to the "empty page".
It seems something is adding "%5C\\" to the launchers, corrupting the configuration. (%5C is actually also an encoded backslash.)
I'll remove the "%5C\\" occurrences and the doubles. I expect to have a working situation again, but I don't know what's corrupting this config so I'm afraid the solution will only be temporary.
choqlatt
Registered Member
Removing all occurrences of %5C and \\ from the launchers line in ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc seems to have done the trick. The merge is not happening anymore.