This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

High-DPI: icons in context menus do not scale

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cruzzler
Registered Member
Hi all. I've had a hard time finding any info on this issue, mostly because search results are clogged up with discussions of other icon-size related issues. It was mentioned in these forums here: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?t=139801 back in 2017, but it got no responses.

I'm on a high-DPI screen (4k, 15") and using KDE in high DPI mode on X11. For the most part this works great, and I haven't encountered any scaling issues that prevent me from working. I do have one minor gripe though that crops up in a lot of places: icons in context menus don't scale up with the rest of the UI.

From the screenshot you can tell that the text scaled up properly, but the icons are still their original (~96 DPI) size. Compare, for example, to the icons in the system tray, or even the little buttons on the browser frame in blue.

Are there any known workarounds for this issue? Any advice/insight/discussion is welcome.

KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.104.0
Qt Version: 5.15.8
Kernel Version: 6.2.7-arch1-1 (64-bit)