This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Obtain patents to protect Android against Microsoft

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Lachu
Registered Member
OS
Microsoft, starting from Vista has invented nothing, but only gets many ideas from KDE, OpenSuSE, Linux, GNU, MacOS. In my opinion You should protect Android by get patent for some ideas introduced by KDE team, like "bulk icons", "actions dependent on text contenxt"(fro example klipper, etc.)

Microsoft folks are very bad guys and seed fear by claim Google's Android broke Microsoft parents, but MS have used to "stolen" ideas from Linux and Andorid, like Cortanja(Google Now), Plasmoid Handle, Bulk Icons, Windows Snapping, etc. It's time to take revenge!

I know, that's it will be very hard to reserve patents for this ideas, because it's not integrated with hardware, but that's normal Apple and MS have reserve many ideas not related to hardware.

I know, that OS community have disagree patents are good, but - in my opinion better is to fight fire with fire.

Imagine also, that's it will be very good idea to promote OS - MS was only copy ideas from KDE and MacOS X and other Unix, like Virtual Desktops, Sound Server, PNG icons, PolicyKit and many, many others.

Lachu, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
Lachu
Registered Member
OS
Of course, you should also get patent for activities.

Lachu
Registered Member
OS
Why you did change my sentence? II wrote nothing about Iphone, etc.

Just remember: Idea of Activities was born in KDE team.

hook
Registered Member
OS
KDE e.V. is already member and licensee of the OIN and as such licensee of its shared defensive patent pool to protect Linux and many other FOSS projects.

You can find KDE on the list:
https://www.openinventionnetwork.com/co ... licensees/

under:
858. KDE e.V.

edit: fixed quote tags

It's time to prod some serious buttock! ;)