This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Wiki Login not working

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bbuske
Registered Member

Wiki Login not working

Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:18 am
Hello,

I have been trying to create a contributer account, because I wanted to become a contributer as well as a translator. However, the Wiki Login doesn't appear to be working. Whenever I use KDE Identity to login, I get an authentication failed error, both with my mail and my username. Login with the same information on the other KDE Websites like the forum, etc works just fine.

I have also tried to login using the original Wiki Login form. This way I get a user name does not exist error for both mail and username. There is no option to register manually as far as I can see (which wouldn't make sense anyway if it works with KDE Identity). Am I missing something or is there a known bug? Any advice would be very welcome! :)

Cheers,

Ben
ochurlaud
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Wiki Login not working

Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:57 pm
The wikis are read only for some time. There have been a lot of spam on it, so the www team is working on a better authentication...

Anyway your problem looks like you use the "Log In" link instead of the "OpenID / Identity login".

Cheers
bbuske
Registered Member

Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:37 pm
ochurlaud wrote:The wikis are read only for some time. There have been a lot of spam on it, so the www team is working on a better authentication...

Anyway your problem looks like you use the "Log In" link instead of the "OpenID / Identity login".

Cheers

Thanks for the reply.
Been trying both, the regular login and the openID one, using KIdentity... Though if the Wiki is read only it might be the reason why it's not working.
neverendingo
Administrator
OS

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:05 pm
That seem to be 2 unrelated problems. The wikis are readonly, but you can still log in, without any error. You just can't write on pages.

I took a look and as i see you have an identity account. and my guess is you used this as a login for these forums. I also took a look into the wiki databases, and i cannot see any hint for your identity account in either of those 3 wikis.
That usually means you misstyped your password or worse, the authentication plugin is broken... but unlikely, i can still login ;)

Maybe you can tell us, which specific wiki you tried. Techbase, Userbase or the community wiki?

As an update on the readonly topic, the oauth2 extension for mediawiki is done, and will probably be put into production use this weekend.

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.
bbuske
Registered Member

Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:42 am
Hello,

thanks for the reply.

Since I was interested in becoming a contributor (and possibly even more) I was attempting to log into the Userbase (as well to get a translator account). I attempted several times and I used the same info I used on KIdentity to log into the site and the forums. There however the login worked with said information and without issues. Wiki wouldn't let me in.

I gonna try the login into the other Wikis to see if there is any difference.

Looking forward to hear back from you.

Cheers,

Ben
neverendingo
Administrator
OS

Re: Wiki Login not working  Topic is solved

Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:31 am
You might have noticed, the login system has changed now.

Also, i took a look at the user database on userbase and on identity. Your account on identity is correctly set up. But there is no such user yet on userbase. So your only choice would (with the new login system), once you are redirected back from phabricator.kde.org (this uses the same account as that from identity), you are prompted to either connect to a local account or create a new one. Choose the latter. That should work.
This counts for all 3 wikis, btw.

Hope that helps.

[EDIT] On identity i noticed that your real name uses a special character. Sometimes it can lead to problems using such characters in a password. So if you are using such characters, this might also be a reason for your problem. Try changing it in that case.

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.
bbuske
Registered Member

Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:51 am
neverendingo wrote:You might have noticed, the login system has changed now.

Also, i took a look at the user database on userbase and on identity. Your account on identity is correctly set up. But there is no such user yet on userbase. So your only choice would (with the new login system), once you are redirected back from phabricator.kde.org (this uses the same account as that from identity), you are prompted to either connect to a local account or create a new one. Choose the latter. That should work.
This counts for all 3 wikis, btw.

This did indeed work. With the new login I had no issues at all.
Thanks for the help.
jessej
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:00 pm
As note: I had problem with first Phabrigator-system wiki login but it "fixed" by logging out of Phabricator before logging into wiki through Phabricator.
nicolasb
Registered Member

Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:57 pm
Hi
I have exactly the same problem as the one Ben had.
In addition, the first time I logged in, I used the "New Wiki Display Name" option, so the translator right was granted with this name, and not my Phabricator login (I didn't understand that the new wiki display name was temporary)
When trying to login on KDE userbase wiki, I get a wrong credential error, while I login successfully to Phabricator.
Could you indicate me what to perform to solve that ?
Thank you
Nicolas
pdf
Registered Member

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:26 pm
I also cannot log into the KDE Community Wiki (specifically - other KDE wiki sites work fine). When I am returned successfully from the Phabricator OAUTH flow, I land on a Login with Phabricator page that requests a New Wiki Display Name. I already selected a display name when I first authenticated to the wiki, however when I enter that name, I get the error:

This Account already exists.
Please go back and choose a different option.

If I try to enter a different display name, I get:

Database error
A database query error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software.

So, seems like my account is wedged. I already tried deleting the OAUTH grant in Phabricator, then reconnecting the Community Wiki, but got the same result.
Clancularius
Registered Member

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:09 am
^^ Same here
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:04 am
@Clancularius (and anyone else affected by Wiki login issues): Please file a ticket at https://go.kde.org/u/systickets and we'll fix those for you.
We've now fixed the problem for @pdf

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
pdf
Registered Member

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:10 am
Indeed, thanks again @bcooksley.