This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Display brightness keeps dimming to minimum

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jojumaxx
Registered Member
I experience a weird behaviour for some time now:

As long as I touch the screen, the brightness goes to normal. As soon as I lift my finger, the screen dims down to minimum.
The problem does not appear, as long as the phone is charging. But if it is not connected to the charger, the Pinephone is unusable like this. What could be the reason? System is up to date...

Edit: When trying to power the phone off, an error appears and I get a mouse pointer. But the screen is too dark to read the error message (even with flashlight). The phone stays in this state until powering it of the hard way.
acrux
Registered Member
OS
jojumaxx wrote:As long as I touch the screen, the brightness goes to normal. As soon as I lift my finger, the screen dims down to minimum.
The problem does not appear, as long as the phone is charging. But if it is not connected to the charger, the Pinephone is unusable like this...

This is a known issue that Plasma Mobile Settings -> Screen writes incorrect values to /.config/powermanagementprofilesrc file.
Workaround is to manually edit the file like here: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=13690