This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

HTML5 Web Apps?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mzs.112000
Registered Member

HTML5 Web Apps?

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:49 am
Will the App Store let people install HTML5 Apps, like in Firefox OS.
That could enable more users(eventually) to use it because it will pad the app store with more stuff that the users want(Facebook Web App, among other things).
I imagine this could be done by having a .desktop file, that just opens the web app URL in a chromeless(no buttons) web browser.
alex-l
Registered Member
OS

Re: HTML5 Web Apps?

Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:16 pm
mzs.112000 wrote:Will the App Store let people install HTML5 Apps, like in Firefox OS.
That could enable more users(eventually) to use it because it will pad the app store with more stuff that the users want(Facebook Web App, among other things).
I imagine this could be done by having a .desktop file, that just opens the web app URL in a chromeless(no buttons) web browser.

Hi, it's a good idea in my opinion. I already use web apps (.desktop file etc as you describe) but there is an annoying issue: the task manager plasmoids treat this kind of web app as windows of the browser, so the icons are changed when the web app is launched and unified in one browser icon :-\ . If we find a way to fix this behavior, using web app in Plasma will make more sense. ^-^
RaviC
Registered Member

Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:14 pm
mzs.112000 wrote:Will the App Store let people install HTML5 Apps, like in Firefox OS.

I think this can already be done on Chromium for Linux.
kde-vargas
Registered Member

Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:21 pm
I imagine this could be done by having a .desktop file, that just opens the web app URL in a chromeless(no buttons)
web browser.

Hi, I had the same question about whether HTML5 applications could be installed in the App Store, and the truth is that it's already clear to me thanks to your answers, greetings!