This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

convergence and remote

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
andreas_k
Registered Member

convergence and remote

Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:23 pm
hi,

I want to start an convergence and remote discussion.

1. audio and video player
I'm thinking in something like a bluetough radio. you stream your media from the phone to the radio. with plasma mobile you can stream your audio and music from mobile to desktop or to mobile, . or from desktop to mobile like you use bluetough. but also with wifi, network, ....

2. pictures, presentations, ...
the PC would be the second screen.

3. kontact, mail, sms, ...
sync via owncloud, ... focused on the kontact not on mail, SMS, hangout, ...
archgalileu
Registered Member
OS

Re: convergence and remote

Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:35 pm
hello [url=https://forum.kde.org/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4403]andreas_k[/url]

It make sense, a lot of, to be the contact, and then is in i, but also everything should be "out of it" whitout th need to go to an particular app, but to a "compose" place,equal and in the same place as "inbox".

I continue to mention the high quality "communications center" called HUB, from Blackberry, it is chronological way, then you filter if you need ;)

Owncloud for "cloud" is great :)

Best regards
ArchGalileu
alex-l
Registered Member
OS

Re: convergence and remote

Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:53 pm
andreas_k wrote:hi,

3. kontact, mail, sms, ...
sync via owncloud, ... focused on the kontact not on mail, SMS, hangout, ...

IMO OwnCloud is important for Plasma, but in this case KDE should provide OwnCloud accounts to Plasma users. So, I think OwnCloud should be an option, and data should be synced through WiFi direct/bluetooth (like KDE Connect does) or by the way the users that can't configure an OwnCloud server should have a well-supported alternative. And where Internet access isn't widespread it's useful to provide a sync between devices without Internet (so through Bluetooth).