This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Flatpak KWeather Plasmoid

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
geodic
Registered Member

Flatpak KWeather Plasmoid

Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:54 pm
When I install the KWeather flatpak app I cannot find the plasmoid. Is there any chance that the "Weather Report" plasmoid is the one for KWeather? If not how can I get it.
I'm running on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance :) .
claydoh
Registered Member
OS

Re: Flatpak KWeather Plasmoid

Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:03 pm
No, that is not the desired widget.

I am going to guess that as this is a Flatpak, the widget either isn't present, or isn't readily accessible due to the external, sandboxed nature of the packaging.

Plasma expects widgets to be in ~/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/ or maybe /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/

Flatpaks don't/can't use those locations. I have no idea if there is a workaround, other than finding a source for native packaging for Kweather, or compiling it yourself.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
geodic
Registered Member

Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:41 pm
Hi thanks for the response. Can you give me instructions on how to build kweathercore on OpenSuse Tumbleweed.
claydoh
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:05 pm
https://invent.kde.org/plasma-mobile/kweather

The instructions don't mention specific -devel package dependencies at all, so you kinda need to follow the instructions to build, and then use the error messages to find out what you are missing

I have no idea what is needed specifically for OpenSuse for core compiling packages to install, so hopefully someone familiar with that can chime in, or you may want to seek assistance on a distro-specific forum as well.

Maybe there is something for it on OBS?

Maybe:
https://build.opensuse.org/repositories ... r/kweather

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
geodic
Registered Member

Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:16 pm
Yes I tried that before but kweathercore was stuck on some weird error. I'll try to reproduce it and show it to you. EDIT: I fixed it thanks for your help