This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Hello and thank you!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
debianuser
Registered Member
OS

Hello and thank you!

Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:47 pm
I found my way here from: https://wiki.debian.org/Mobile/ and I was very excited. I look forward to a fully Linux based smartphone. I use an iPhone since the current Android has so many security issues the change seems unreasonable.

Your UI looks very attractive. I have a few opinions on a release. I have seen discussion of using grub for booting. Instead of using grub the phone should boot directly and as quickly as possible. Another was multibooting other phone OSs. I understand the idea of gaining acceptance, but you lose more in security with this idea. Why attempt to get into the secure OS when you can boot up into the vulnerable one, and scoop everything up from there? I think security should be a major focus in any release candidate. This is my number one issue against owning any android based phone. I love the Plasma-Netbook, and now I'm looking forward to a Plasma-Mobile.

Again think you for being there!
-humble debianuser
JBB
Registered Member
OS

Re: Hello and thank you!

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:00 pm
I'm also coming from the Debian Wiki, and thinking whats the best way of running real Linux on the phone. What do you think of Plasma-Mobiles new base on CyanogenMod?
Running Debian or other distributions directly on the phone would cause so many problems with the phones sensors, but it's no questions it would much cooler.