This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Update - Please vote for more Plasma Mobile phones.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
klowe
Registered Member
ZTE has launched Project CSX (Crowd Sourced X), where “X" idea can be anything within ZTE’s mission and capabilities. An opportunity for everyone in the community to participate in the design of new phones and/or accessories!

Please vote in the CSX thread on the Z-Community website for Xiaodong Qi (i2000s) idea that ZTE provide the following options for people to choose from when buying a phone model:
(a) Preinstall Ubuntu as the only OS
(b) Preinstall Android as a primary OS with Ubuntu as a secondary OS
(c) No OS installed but either Android, Ubuntu, Plasma Mobile or any other mature/stable OS's could be installed from images by consumers at their own risk.

It is necessary to register and/or log-in on the ZTE forum to vote up the idea by 10th September 2016 for it to be considered by the ZTE R&D team. ZTE are one of the leading smartphone manufacturers/sellers in North America, European Union and Asia.

https://community.zteusa.com/ideas/1869 An Ubuntu Touch phone option or even no OS preinstalled!
klowe
Registered Member
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/09/zte- ... rced-phone ZTE ‘Seriously Considered Ubuntu’ for New Crowd-Sourced Phone

Please read Xiaodong Qi's comment.
mariusapo
Registered Member
i agree with this,many phones should be able to get this awsome project on,i own an asus ze551ml (z00a) and i would love to get this on my phone,especially that asus is never hearing the costumers and never bring updates,at least on plasma we will get it as soon as it is possible,which is much faster than asus bring updates for sure
strubocyt
Registered Member
Four years passed since the last topic....
Is it someone has any success to install ISO image of Neon on intel phones such as Asus Zenfone Zoom ZX551ML or any similar with intel inside? Any step by step guidance?