This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Nexus 5X

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
augustblake
Registered Member

Nexus 5X

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:15 am
Anyone able to install kde plasma mobile on nexus 5x?

I followed this post viewtopic.php?f=297&t=142002 which seemed to be onto something but haven't had anyluck.

I keep getting stuck at transfering rootfs tarball....
rrijken
Registered Member

Re: Nexus 5X

Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:07 am
Have you succeeded in the end?

Tried with the provided script but it gave an error. Used the -v option and then the prompt tells me the phone is not bullhead (which it is...) and it aborts the script. Tried to do it manually by doing all steps in the script (downloading all images and tar ball manually). I get to the part where it tries to connect to acbf.info but I then get a 404 error and it again quits the script.

edited the script and commented the part with acbf.info and then it threw an error about the date part and the device not being writable, edited the script again and commented that part and now it finishes. Reboot the phone gives me the google screen, unlocked bootloader warning, google screen and it hangs. So as per instruction I ran the flash-vendor script. Now the phone is stuck on the google screen and does nothing....

For the moment I have put back /e/ OS but would really like to get my hands on Plasma Mobile to try.

As a daily driver I am using an Xperia XA2 with Sailfish X