This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Beginning to contribute

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rishabhm
Registered Member

Beginning to contribute

Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:24 am
My name is Rishabh Madan. I am a newbie to the KDE community. I would really like to contribute to this community. It would be really great if someone could guide me on how to begin with?
MadEmperorYuri
Registered Member

Re: Beginning to contribute

Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:30 pm
Hey Rishabh!

I'm a newbie too. I posted in this forum just like you more than a week ago and have not received a response. I think this might be because the KDE forums were recently reorganized. This forum is relatively new, and so I think its just not in people's habits to be coming here very often.

Here are two pieces of advice I can offer. First, decide more specifically how you want to contribute. KDE needs all sorts of things--developers, obviously, but also designers, translators, testers, and a bunch of other things. It will be helpful to whoever ends up guiding you into the community for them to know what it is you want to do.

Second, post in one of the forums that more closely relates to what you want to do. For example, if you want to write code, check out viewforum.php?f=291, but if you want to help with translation, check out viewforum.php?f=26.

Cheers,
Daniel
google01103
Manager

Re: Beginning to contribute

Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:06 pm
see https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved

I would suggest using irc and dev mailing lists as the best method to engage with devlopers

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x