This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Konsole patch warn while pasting multiple lines

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
richardj
Registered Member
Hi

On reddit I saw a post of a user asking about terminals that warns while pasting multiple lines. Apparently the terminal in MacOSX does this. Konsole have a warning functionality while pasting large chunks (over 8000 chars). However I recognized this as a valid issue. Since you don't really see what is in the clipboard, which is questionable out of UX perspective. Never mind this since the Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V is so widely used and so forth...

To make a long story short. I wrote a small patch to fix this. Since I am quite new to contributing to open source software, I would kindly ask you not to be to harsh on me if I am writing in the completely wrong forum. What I would like to is to discuss whether I've made the right choices and get some hints on how to fix these and also to try to get it applied to the main "branch".

looking forward for an answer

A youtube video says more than a thousands word as my great grandfather used to say!

https://youtu.be/rusI8teOn6c
scummos
Global Moderator
OS
Hello!

Thanks for contributing! Please upload patches to phabricator.kde.org so they can be reviewed and merged. You can also attach your video there, but people will typically prefer text descriptions or screenshots.

Best,
Sven

I'm working on the KDevelop IDE.
richardj
Registered Member
Thanks for the feedback! I assume that the proper procedure would stand somewhere. But I didn't manage to find it. Thanks again!