This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

WPS and 64bit WEP not supported 'out of the box'?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pperrin
Registered Member
Hello people,

I had an old laptop that wasn't compatible with the last Windows 10 update. I tend to use Windows desktop and Android Tablet/Phone, but have done some linxuy (jessie) stuff on raspberry pi.

Kubuntu was recommended as an open source OS for the old device, so I set it up from a USB drive, and got going. I run two wifi networks, one is 64bit wep and the other is WPS. It seems neither are supported from the basic install, and neither are easy to add support for :(

I have been trawling the web looking for info, there is lots of it but none I have found links up or is overly relevant...

I know I need to setup wpa_supplicant and enable WPS there (no idea about the 64bit wep) I have done most of this and after a day of tinkering it connected to the network, but on rebooting it couldn't even activate the wifi interface... So I have reinstalled and I am starting again, with the 'best' bits I found on the web - fingers crossed.

If anyone already has a document that covers this that would be great :)

Cheers!

ps. I have now setup everything so the WPS network was found and updated the wpa_supplicant.conf - now the issue seems to be making it pickup this connection automatically when rebooted.