This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Help with localization of my widget

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Davide_sd
Registered Member

Help with localization of my widget

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:42 pm
Hello, I'm not sure if this might be the correct section of the forum to ask this question...

I've developed a really simple widget for plasma 5 to display the public ip address. Unfortunately, I'm having problems with the localization.

After reading the documentation, I've looked for example repositories, and I found the dailyforecast widget to be a nice example. So I have modified the translation scripts and adapted to my needs.

In my widget, the plasmoid/translations/build.sh script compiles the plasmoid/translations/po/*.po files into .mo files and move them in the respective folders inside plasmoid/contents/locale. Unfortunately, the localization is not working. I've set Italian language in the system Regional Settings, but the widget still loads with english texts.

Can somebody please take a look at my code to help me discover what I'm doing wrong?
skaplon
Registered Member
Can't really answer, you can try the developers forum or maybe look at this other widget which also spots translations https://github.com/kotelnik/plasma-appl ... ft-control