This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feedback on wallpaper drafts

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
piperswe
Registered Member

Feedback on wallpaper drafts

Tue May 07, 2019 11:37 pm
I had an idea for the wallpaper contest and drafted it up in Blender, in two forms. Before I go ahead and run a full-size render for submission, I'd love some feedback!

"Orbs:"

"Lights:"

I personally prefer Orbs, though Lights might look a little better with some work.

1440p images:
niccolove
Registered Member
OS

Re: Feedback on wallpaper drafts

Wed May 08, 2019 3:15 pm
I'll give you my personal and "I'm-no-expert-at-all" opinion. I really really like both, and I think the second one is the most visually appealing one. In the second one, I highly prefer the shades and light of the two blocks when compared to the first one. But maybe I would keep the orbs.

I feel like this is what Microsoft tried to do with the Windows wallpaper: including the logo but in such a visually appealing way that it does not feel "wrong" or "branding" or "advertisement". If this wallpaper was chosen and kept, like, forever, just like Windows', I would be happy about it.
j8a
Registered Member
OS

Fri May 10, 2019 7:31 pm
Both are beautiful wallpapers.
Thanks in advance
niccolove
Registered Member
OS

Wed May 29, 2019 6:38 am
Hi! The deadline for the wallpaper contest is this night. Are you going to submit the wallpapers?