This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

I've done some work on BreezeGTK, what next?

Tags: breezegtk, color-scheme breezegtk, color-scheme breezegtk, color-scheme
(comma "," separated)
skillsetweb
Registered Member
Hello all,

This will be my first open source contribution, so it would probably appear i am being a bit fussy. I have always been a bit of a loner developer/designer so i am still new to concepts like Github and Phabricator.

I've put in a few weeks of spare-time work on BreezeGTK, started as a scratch-my-own-itch situation but once I was able to fix a few bugs and adjust the script for some greater flexibility it quickly changed into a project where i thought 'hey this could be my ticket to giving back to the community'.

- Fixed some small bugs that were causing padding issues in the headerbar/titlebar.

- Greater flexibility when running the 'build_theme.sh' allowing users to build custom theme more easily.

- Fixed some color/highlite discrepencies that were not folowing plasma/breeze (still some work needed here).

- Fixed padding/color issues on buttons and their img, label tags.

- Cleaned SASS code a bit but kept in mind to keep it compare-able with source.

I'm getting to the point where i would love some more eyes on it and valuable feedback. I do not have much experience with Python or Sass but HTML/CSS is old hat to me and general scripting experience allowed me to muddle through.

I would also like to thank the developers and designers that have created this script/theme/API. Quite impressive.

Question is should i fork on github or get into phabricator?

i have read over KDE HIG and VDG stuff. if there is anyone willing to mentor an old dog with a few tricks left, please reach out.

Thank you KDE team you have given me great inspiration during my linux journey and made computing fun again.

Edit: I've also made 6 new color schemes focusing on two-tone highlight and adding a splash of color to Breeze.

Last edited by skillsetweb on Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
You should get in touch with the Plasma people, either on IRC or via the mailing list, I don't think they use the forum much.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
skillsetweb
Registered Member
Thank you, will be my mission for today. Cheers.