This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Contribution to port Quanta+ to kde 5

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
xoxo_davide
Registered Member
Hi,
in our firm there are still web developers using Quanta+ (one of them being me). We managed to install it on some Linux machines running KDE 5 compiling the old kde 3.5/qt-3.3 libraries, etc., but every year it's becoming harder to make it run smoothly. There's no other similar software out there, so would be a good thing to port it to native kde5/qt libraries. We are collecting money to support KDE developers for this task. Any volunteer that addresses me correctly to fund and support developers for this task?
Thank you all.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
You might review the options at https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved about using phabricator or the kde-devel mailing lists or chatrooms to discuss ideas with the developers directly.

I am curious, though. What alternatives have you tried and what do you need in Quanta+ that isn't available in newer offerings such as Kdevelop or one of the current generation of web-tech-based editors such as Atom, VS Code or Brackets?

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.