This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to best increase icon sizes in the pager?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sparhawk
Registered Member
OS
I find the default icon size in the virtual desktop pager too small. I find it hard to see the icons.

I tried hacking /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.pager/contents/ui/main.qml to increase the icon size as follows.

Code: Select all
--- /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.pager/contents/ui/main.qml.orig   2020-04-12 20:22:36.862783471 +1100
+++ /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.pager/contents/ui/main.qml   2020-04-12 20:32:22.669049616 +1100
@@ -209,8 +209,8 @@
         PlasmaCore.IconItem {
             anchors.centerIn: parent

-            height: Math.min(units.iconSizes.small, parent.height - (units.smallSpacing * 2))
-            width: Math.min(units.iconSizes.small, parent.width - (units.smallSpacing * 2))
+            height: Math.min(units.iconSizes.small, parent.height * 1.1)
+            width: Math.min(units.iconSizes.small, parent.width * 1.1)

property var model: null

This makes the icon sizes nice and large.

They are clearly visible now, but perhaps slightly too large, with some of the icons slightly larger than the box. I tried changing the scaling factor from * 1.1 to * 1, but oddly enough this is considerably more than a 10% change. The icons are back at the original size.

Interestingly (?) this is slightly different from the original, as some of the smaller windows originally lacked icons, but have icons now.

It seems that the icon sizes are restricted to fairly coarse tiers. Is there a way to make the icons partway between these two sizes?