This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How notifications worked?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Lachu
Registered Member
OS

How notifications worked?

Sat May 02, 2020 2:15 pm
I have an question. If app show an notification and my screen is locked, timeout will go forward or be stopped? I think it should be stopped, but I cannot test behavior.

Lachu, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
tomtrema
Registered Member

Re: How notifications worked?

Tue May 05, 2020 11:29 am
That depends on your mobile configuration. for example, in any social media you can see that notification will only be showed if you let them.
deskuio
Registered Member

Re: How notifications worked?

Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:19 am
In social media platforms, notifications are used to alert users of new activity, such as when someone likes or comments on one of their posts, or when someone sends them a message. The specific implementation of notifications on a social media platform can vary, but they typically involve the following steps:

A user performs an action on the social media platform, such as posting a new status update or commenting on someone else's post.

The social media platform's servers detect the new activity and generate a notification.

The notification is sent to the appropriate users, based on their notification settings and the type of activity that occurred.