This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to find Plasma Version that contains Bug Report fix...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
stormrainbow
Registered Member
An example used in the questions below: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=380491

1. Given a bug report number (380491), where do I go to find out what Plasma or KDE Frameworks release contains the fix/commit?

2. Can I lookup the pairing of what KDE Framework version was released with what Plasma version?

3. Given a Plasma release, how do I view all commits? Can they be viewed by project? Project being a component like kscreen or application like kate.

4. In the Kate About Box it says:

KDE Frameworks 5.70.0
QT 5.15.0 (built against 5.14.2)

In the above case Plasma is 5.18.5 and Frameworks is 5.70, what does the 5.14.2 refer to?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
blame the author of that fix, he didn't use the commit hooks to specify which versions this is fixed in. Those hooks are available to all developers, and from the date this was committed you can guess which version this fix was shipping, but without the hooks this needs some searching.

All changelogs are available for all Plasma releases, hopefully this has an entry in the Changelog

As for the pairing of Plasma and Frameworks: every Plasma version depends on a Frameworks version, it is to the discretion of the distributions if they want to ship a more recent Frameworks version.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
stormrainbow
Registered Member
So a bug report should indicate what release contains the fix and then I should go to the Announcement web page for that release. I'll have to watch more closely.

It did point to phabricator.kde.org/D6091 and https://commits.kde.org/kscreenlocker/2 ... 8d721552dc. At the bottom of this commit, it shows "parent" and "master...". If I expand master..., the last version in the list must correspond to the release. In this case, v5.10.1. I don't know what the symbols mean, but I assume Tag.

So all bugs fixes (and features) are listed on the kde.org/announcements page. For some reason I thought the announcement page was not complete and that it listed highlighted features and showed some bug fixes.

I also did a google site search for 380491 at kde.org and found this change log.
https://kde.org/announcements/plasma-5. ... ngelog.php
Mamarok
Manager
OS
In general, bug fixes should go to the changelog, as do new features and feature changes. This of course needs some discipline from all developers and sometimes, those are overlooked or forgotten. SInce not all projects have dedicated project managers who check those before a release they ill not appear.
Announcements have selected highlights to make those more readable and less boring as full lists, but the full changelog is always available.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...