This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Full Built Plasma 5.21

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
vidarr
Registered Member

Full Built Plasma 5.21

Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:30 pm
Hi,

I found this page:

https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_an ... pendencies

Followed through everything and built a few things from source, but what I want to know now, is where can I download already built Plasma 5.21 with everything finished.
I just want to add Plasma 5.21 to my current setup.
The Plasma that you can download and install using Tasksel is not 5.21, it is 5.20.1 and I don't think whoever wrote Tasksel is going to change this anytime soon.
So, Please, if you can point me to a source for a prebuilt 5.21 that I can add to my system, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!
V
claydoh
Registered Member
OS

Re: Full Built Plasma 5.21

Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:07 pm
Tasksel implies you are using Debian, I take it?
You are at the mercy of whatever Plasma version they provide at the moment, depending on which release you are using.
If you want newer, you will probably have to either compile it yourself, or use a distro that provides a more recent version, as far as I can tell, without resorting to Debian Unstasble + Experimental. Which does not seem to be a sane way to go.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
vidarr
Registered Member

Re: Full Built Plasma 5.21

Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:30 pm
Yes, I am using Debian 11 with Gnome 40 and dwl (dwm is over since they aren't moving to Wayland). I do not like Gnome one bit, and they are making it worse and worse.

I started building 5.21 from source from all the pieces of Plasma found here:

https://download.kde.org/stable/plasma/5.21.0/

...and it is taking forever. If it was a single source that would be OK, I guess. I could start it and just let it run for a day, but piece by piece is too much (and I want most of the pieces, not just the main three pieces).

Thanks!
V