This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Building Qt5

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
davidbryant
KDE Developer
OS

Building Qt5

Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:15 pm
Hello! I have a question about kdesrc-build. I've been playing around with it, to educate myself.

Some background. I have installed Gentoo Linux with the KDE desktop. I have also installed Manjaro Linus, KDE version. And I have successfully run "kdesrc-build kmail" on both systems. And I can even do "kdesrc-run kmail" on both systems. I had some problems with broken dependencies, especially in Gentoo, but I managed to figure those out, and install the necessary pieces (I still don't understand why I had to do that, since I have installed kmail on Gentoo using the portage package manager, and also on Manjaro, with pacman).

Today I tried to build Qt5 on Gentoo. It downloaded all the source files OK, and built a little program called "qtbase". But then it died. Here is the relevant portion of the error log.
Code: Select all
Creating qmake...
Done.
Info: creating super cache file /home/david/kde/build/Qt5/.qmake.super
Info: creating cache file /home/david/kde/build/Qt5/.qmake.cache
ERROR: No value supplied to command line option 'prefix'.

>:( Any suggestions? Thanks!

David Bryant
Canyon Lake, Texas
https://davidcbryant.net
davidbryant
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Building Qt5  Topic is solved

Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:47 pm
Never mind. I figured it out. When I first ran "./kdesrc-build --initial-setup" on Gentoo it failed about halfway through: gentoo is not a recognized platform. So I had to hack my way through the construction of the configuration file ".kdesrc-buildrc", and I got it wrong. Adding one line,
Code: Select all
qtdir  ~/kde/qt5 # Where to install Qt5 if kdesrc-build supplies it
fixed the problem. Now I have other problems. So I may be back again soon. But at least I figured part of it out. ;)

David Bryant
Canyon Lake, Texas
https://davidcbryant.net