This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How can I keep a widget fixed?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kpetrie
Registered Member

How can I keep a widget fixed?

Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:40 pm
I have several widgets on my desktop, but one of them, a folder view, won't stay how I want it. On mouseover the cursor changes to a hand and if I try to drag around its contents the widget moves. How can I restore normal behaviour? Previously I would lock widgets, but now we can't do that, how do we lock an individual widget?
johnsonw
Registered Member

Re: How can I keep a widget fixed?

Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:26 am
After activating the plugin, navigate to Appearance > Widgets. Open the widget that you want to fix to the screen when someone scrolls your website. Enable the Fixed widget checkbox to active the sticky function for it. Save the changed widget settings and reload your frontend to see the result.
johnsonw
Registered Member

Re: How can I keep a widget fixed?

Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:33 am
After activating the plugin, go to Appearance » Widgets and click on the widget that you want to make sticky. The plugin adds a Fixed Widget option in all of your widgets. Check the Fixed widget box and click on the Save button to store your changes Lite Blue. You can now visit your live site and scroll down.