This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Bug when trying to add japanese program to global shortcuts.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mnrbn
Registered Member
Steps to reproduce:

Install wine.
Set wine locale japanese.
Install some japanese game in wine and create a desktop entry when asked.
Go to Settings -> Shortcuts -> Global Shortcuts.
Add the program to shortcuts (that could take a while, sometimes it can crash, which is another problem).
Apparently the program is added correctly. Close the settings.
Open again the settings and this error appears:

Failed to contact the KDE global shortcuts daemon
Message: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

And I can´t set any new shortcut or modify the old ones because every program disappeared from the shortcuts menu.

I tried to set the settings to default (since I indeed can enter the configuration of the global shortcuts), but nothing changes, and if I change the "kglobalshortcutsrc" file in .config, and open global shortcuts, nothing changes and the file overwrites with the old one (which is extremely rare since I deleted it, maybe KDE saves a backup of this file somewhere?).

To solve it temporaly (until some patch) I think that you need a way to stop the kglobalshortcutsrc file to reload this program (since for some reason not only this file restart to the old one if I change something, but also it tries to add anything from wine even if I already uninstalled that japanese program in wine) or a way to totally remove that program from the machine, I don't know why but even if I deleted every file containing that program´s name, they still appears in kglobalshortcutsrc automatically.

This bug happens in KDE 5.69 on Manjaro KDE.

I don´t know how to report a bug, so I posted it here, but if anyone could report this as a bug I would appreciate it.

When opening from terminal:

kglobalaccel5
QDBusObjectPath: invalid path "/component/流星ペンデュラムハート_desktop"
QDBusObjectPath: invalid path "/component/流星ペンデュラムハートアンインストーラ_desktop"
QDBusObjectPath: invalid path "/component/流星ペンデュラムハート_desktop"
QDBusObjectPath: invalid path "/component/流星ペンデュラムハートアンインストーラ_desktop"
QDBusConnection: error: could not send reply message to service "": Marshalling failed: Invalid object path passed in arguments

It´s trying to add that programs, I don´t know why because they are already uninstalled. This is causing the crash.