This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Plasmoids - PlasmaCore import does not resolve properly

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
monkeykhan
Registered Member
Hello, I hope this is the right place for questions regarding plasmoid development.

I want to make some modifications to the default workspaces plasmoid "pager". I cloned the sources from the git repo at https://github.com/KDE/plasma-desktop/tree/master/applets/pager and installed it into ~/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/.

Starting the plasmoid, either by putting it into a panel or by using the plasmoidviewer works, but it's not identical to the default one. It appears to me that
Code: Select all
import org.kde.plasma.core 2.0 as PlasmaCore
does not resolve correctly, as I receive plenty of warnings:

Code: Select all
file:///home/username/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.pager_mod/contents/ui/main.qml:55: TypeError: Type error
file:///home/username/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.pager_mod/contents/ui/main.qml:55: TypeError: Type error
file:///home/username/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.pager_mod/contents/ui/main.qml:61:5: Unable to assign [undefined] to QColor
file:///home/username/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.pager_mod/contents/ui/main.qml:55: TypeError: Cannot read property 'r' of undefined
file:///home/username/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.pager_mod/contents/ui/main.qml:55: TypeError: Cannot read property 'r' of undefined
file:///home/username/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.pager_mod/contents/ui/main.qml:215:9: Unable to assign [undefined] to double

These all refer to assignments from PlasmaCore.

Why is this import apparently not working and how do I fix it?
jiri
Registered Member
Nice question, I have similar one. Where is answer from someone experienced?