This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

kservice logs are not being printed to terminal

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
qualphey
Registered Member
I've used kdesrc-build to compile plasma-workspace with a fex extra functions. Eventually I found out that to get the wanted result I had to modify kservice as well. Now when I build and test plasma-workspace I do get the debug output printed, but no messages ever get printed from kservice module. I've tried qDebug, qWarning, std::cout but none of these work.

I've tried adding these options to my .kdesrc-buildrc:
Code: Select all
module kservice
  cmake -options -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE =Debug
end module

module plasma-workspace
  cmake -options -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE =Debug
end module

but that didn't change nothing. Just gave me error messages saying that some directories in svn were unresolved. I had to use --no-src option to compile it.

Also I'm testing on plasmoidviewer... Could this be the problem? Though as I said, I still get the output from plasma-workspace.

Thanks in advance ;)
qualphey
Registered Member
I've created a project in KDevelop using "C++ KDE Frameworks 5 GUI Application" template. Added a call to a KServiceGroup method that I've modified, and now the output does get printed. Now I can debug my changes! I'm still wondering why doesn't the output get printed when I'm running plasmoidviewer. Is it because of how the plasmoidviewer itself and QML widgets work, or it has something to do with my configuration?
qualphey
Registered Member
Oh and the output still gets printed even when I remove the DEBUG cmake options in .kdesrc-buildrc.