This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Does Baloo have a future?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Stetsbequem
Registered Member
OS

Does Baloo have a future?

Sat May 06, 2023 7:11 am
Hello, my dear young friends!

If I see it correctly, Baloo is an integral part of KDE/Plasma. In Krunner there is a search module for desktop search, via Dolphin it should be possible to find files and content. It is currently not particularly convenient to use, but could be a useful start to replace established desktop searches like Recoll in the long run.

Now there are already reported issues that are not corrected, at least not from the user's point of view. As a striking example, I cite the duplication of search results, which should be factually impossible because in the duplicate the "found" directories do not exist. The elapsed time since the bug reports naturally raises the question if the development of this framework will be continued or if something else is planned.

How do you see it, how does it go on with Baloo, is it worth to wait?

The Social Credit System is a credit rating and blacklist being developed by the the ruling Chinese Communist Party. The goal is total control of the population by awarding points for desirable behavior, or withdrawing them for negative behavior.
Stetsbequem
Registered Member
OS

Re: Does Baloo have a future?

Thu May 18, 2023 6:40 am

The Social Credit System is a credit rating and blacklist being developed by the the ruling Chinese Communist Party. The goal is total control of the population by awarding points for desirable behavior, or withdrawing them for negative behavior.