This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature request: easy way to move between KDE Neon branches

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
avlas
Registered Member
OS
If I don't understand KDE Neon wrong, what makes a difference between a system being in Ubuntu LTS vs being in another branch of KDE Neon is what KDE repository is active.

It would then be very useful to have for KDE Neon something similar to the ppa-purge tool for PPA repositories in Ubuntu, as it would allow developers/testers, and ultimately users, to easily (and safely!) move among different branches of KDE Neon, as well as easily come back to Ubuntu LTS if desired.

Perhaps this is something that was on the plans already but if not I just thought it would be a very nice feature to have, and given that ppa-purge is available, I don't think it would be very difficult to adapt (but perhaps I'm wrong on this).

I'm looking forward to having access to the users branch of KDE Neon (any idea of when it will appear?!), although with sporadic entrance into other branches (if a tool such as the one requested here existed), for example to help testing and reporting bugs of beta versions, etc.

Thanks for the good work!
kde-jriddell
Registered Member
OS
Yes that's a good idea indeed, I'll put it on the todo list
https://todo.kde.org/?controller=board& ... ject_id=87
Sir_Brizz
Registered Member
OS
After the latest release almost literally broke everything I was really wishing for a purge function. You can kind of get one right now if you have install Neon on top of the Kubuntu Backports PPA because you can turn off neon, purge Kubuntu backports and then readd the backports to get back to an okayish state :p