This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Trying out Neon, really enjoying it so far

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Ritaku
Registered Member
After seeing a "Stable" Git repository, I decided to try Neon out. So far, I'm quite impressed. Despite being a development version, Neon is quite stable on my system, more so than normal Kubuntu 15.10, in fact. I also love the idea of a rolling KDE desktop on top of a stable OS, and fully plan to switch to the final user release of Neon on 16.04. As for the current development version, even though it's generally not recommended to use it for everyday use, I plan on doing just that anyways, given how stable it's proven for me. I'm not too worried about potential breakage between now and official release, as all of my important stuff is on my secondary drive, and I can reinstall pretty quickly, anyways (been doing that a lot the last few weeks from distro-hopping, I love seeing what every desktop and distro has to offer ;D ).

Anyways, keep up the good work, I look forward to what comes my way, both in future updates and what will eventually be the final, stable release. :)
Rebrandeon
Registered Member
OS
Ritaku wrote:Despite being a development version, Neon is quite stable on my system, more so than normal Kubuntu 15.10[...]

I can also vouch for this. I was having huge issues with x11 on Kubuntu, where it would just randomly freeze up. Switched to KDE Neon, it's fantastic. I like how there's barely anything installed, so I can install what I like. Having a laptop with a 3200x1800 screen, I can say that display scaling works fine, and looks great.

I look forward to to future updates.
kde-jriddell
Registered Member
OS
thanks for your positive reviews :)