This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Couldn't install ubuntu-desktop on kde 5.6

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
NHKomaiha
Registered Member
OS
Yesterday I installed KDE Neon 5.6 using bootable USB (iso downloaded from kde.org (official))
When i try installing ubuntu-desktop the output is full of dependencies errors:
Code: Select all
nhk@nhk-KDE-Neom:~$ sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
.... blabla ....
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 ubuntu-desktop : Depends: language-selector-gnome but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: software-properties-gtk but it is not going to be installed
                  Recommends: nautilus-share but it is not going to be installed
                  Recommends: python3-aptdaemon.pkcompat but it is not going to be installed
                  Recommends: system-config-printer-gnome but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I tried to install the needed packages, but every one needs another, i tried that too with the another, and it needs another...etc then i reached a closed way (error)
google01103
Manager
moved to Neon forum

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

MrMangoHands
Registered Member
Why are you trying to install ubuntu-desktop? That's just a meta package used to make sure all of the default applications are installed during updates, including stuff like the full unity desktop environment. It's not for Neon.
NHKomaiha
Registered Member
OS
MrMangoHands wrote:Why are you trying to install ubuntu-desktop? That's just a meta package used to make sure all of the default applications are installed during updates, including stuff like the full unity desktop environment. It's not for Neon.

idk I just searched how to install unity environment/ubuntu desktop/unity...etc
apachelogger
KDE Developer
OS
Not supported I am afraid

http://neon.kde.org/faq#diff-desktop

Annoyed with bbcode since 1999.