This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Qt Curve

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
nicholasloch
Registered Member

Qt Curve

Sat May 07, 2016 11:46 am
Hello Everyone,

Neon is outstanding! The latest versions (branch: dev - unstable) are indeed very stable and I look forward the continued progress and frequent updates. Neon provides the best KDE experience I have had to date!

Yesterdays update to Qt 5.6.0 seems to have uninstalled the QTCURVE package. I am one of those oddballs who is not in love with BREEZE. I am hoping that the QTCURVE package will return to KDE as I had a desktop theme that I really liked. I love the options the QTCURVE package provided.

Unmet Depends...
kde-style-qtcurve-qt5 : Depends: qtbase-abi-5-5-1

Package 'qtbase-abi-5-5-1' has no installation candidate

Package qtbase-abi-5-5-1 is a virtual package provided by:
libqt5core5a 5.5.1+dfsg-17+16.04+build1 [Not candidate version]
libqt5core5a 5.5.1+dfsg-16ubuntu7 [Not candidate version]

Have a great day!
apachelogger
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Qt Curve

Fri May 13, 2016 9:45 am
You may wish to lobby the qtcurve developer to reconsider his stance one https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=341311

That said, qtcurve is currently not supported by KDE neon and won't be for a while as we are focusing on ironing out issues with the core softwares.

Annoyed with bbcode since 1999.
nicholasloch
Registered Member

Re: Qt Curve

Wed May 18, 2016 2:20 pm
That said, qtcurve is currently not supported by KDE neon and won't be for a while as we are focusing on ironing out issues with the core softwares.

Thanks for the reply. I am in no hurry. Besides, now that I've gotten more used to The Breeze Theme I am starting to accept it. It's just eye-candy after-all... That said, I still am not a fan of 'flat' designs.. life is more interesting with lots of curves (it's a truism that holds with women, roads, and desktops...)

I am really impressed with neon.. you guys are doing an excellent job!

Thanks Again,

Nicholas