This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Snapshot Program ??

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
nicholasloch
Registered Member

Snapshot Program ??

Fri May 20, 2016 9:01 pm
A library update today required that KSnaphop be uninstalled. I allowed it because I assumed that KDE-SPECTACLE was available. However, KDE-SPECTACLE will not install due to a dependency issue:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
kde-spectacle : Depends: libkf5screen-bin
Depends: libkf5screen6 (>= 5.1.1) but it is not going to be installed

installing that depends seems like it would trash neon:

The following packages will be REMOVED:
kdeconnect-plasma kinfocenter kscreen libkf5screen7 libpowerdevilcore2 neon-desktop plasma-desktop
plasma-widgets-addons plasma-workspace powerdevil sddm-theme-breeze
The following NEW packages will be installed:
libkf5screen6
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 11 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Is this something I need to correct, or should I wait for an update to resolve it.. I do screen captures a couple time a month but have no pressing need today.
nicholasloch
Registered Member

That was quick!

Sat May 21, 2016 2:31 am
The very next update corrected the issue! Upgrading to the newly released libkf5kipi31.0.0 allowed Spectacle to install. However, gwenview had to be sacrificed; but, I'm sure it'll back soon too!

Thanks!

Nicholas
Menak Vishap
Registered Member

Re: Snapshot Program ??

Sat May 21, 2016 10:25 am
Yesterday I had solved this problem in such way: temporarily added the repo 'deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/st ... sma/ubuntu xenial main ', then installed 'kde-spectacle' from it and finally switched this repo off. There was a problem with overwriting of some files during installation, which I had solved with 'dpkg -i --force-all' on corresponding deb in cache.

It seems that everithyng works properly except there is no plugins found in gwenview's 'Plugins' menu. But anyway plugins did never work properly in kubuntu's gwenview.
Today 'apt-get' proposed update 'kde-spectacle' with uninstalling 'gwenview', but I did not agree.
nicholasloch
Registered Member

Gwenview is back now too!

Tue May 24, 2016 9:10 am
For the benefit of anyone who might be following this tread.. A quick mention that the Dev's have apparently updated gwenview as I was able to install it this morning. Now all is right with the world once again!
Menak Vishap
Registered Member

Re: Gwenview is back now too!

Tue May 24, 2016 1:19 pm
nicholasloch wrote:For the benefit of anyone who might be following this tread.. A quick mention that the Dev's have apparently updated gwenview as I was able to install it this morning. Now all is right with the world once again!

I hoped so much that after this update the plugins in gwenview would start working as in other distributions. But again we see "Hello World" in menu. :|