This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

All updates are failing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
stratacast1
Registered Member

All updates are failing

Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:39 pm
I did a clean install of KDE Neon and had Kubuntu previously. I kept my old home directory so I didn't have to rewrite all my files back to disk, but it appears I'm encountering errors with doing updates. One thing that was odd was when I looked at my applications, it said all of them were there from before, but if I did an apt-get install, it would pull down the software from the repositories. Well now it seems I'm having troubles with installing anything with apt or in Discover (Update Manager always crashes). When I install with Discover, I get this error:

Package failed to install
Error while installing package: subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 2

With apt, I get that I have unmet LibreOffice dependencies so I will do apt-get -f install as it suggests and get this:

Preparing to unpack .../libreoffice-base_1%3a5.1.4-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb ...
Adding 'diversion of /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/basic/dialog.xlc to /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/basic/dialog.xlc.noaccess by libreoffice-base'
dpkg-divert: error: rename involves overwriting '/usr/lib/libreoffice/share/basic/dialog.xlc.noaccess' with
different file '/usr/lib/libreoffice/share/basic/dialog.xlc', not allowed
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libreoffice-base_1%3a5.1.4-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 2
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/basic/dialog.xlc to /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/basic/dialog.xlc.noaccess by libreoffice-base', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/basic/script.xlc to /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/basic/script.xlc.noaccess by libreoffice-base', none removed.
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libreoffice-base_1%3a5.1.4-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Pretty much at a loss here, any help is much appreciated
stratacast1
Registered Member

Re: All updates are failing

Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:15 am
It seems like there's just a build issue with libreoffice? I can remove the offending packages and then do an autoremove and all is well, but reinstalling it brings me back to failed installs
PatientZero
Registered Member
OS

Re: All updates are failing

Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:14 pm
Hi,

Maybe you could take a look at the problem described in the link below and see if the answer is applicable to your situation.
Hope it helps...

http://askubuntu.com/questions/419304/d ... ol-txt-wit