This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Google Drive access not working

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jodumont
Registered Member

Re: Google Drive access not working

Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:40 am
I made it work without sqlite3, I think only kio-gdrive is required
and I confirm, you have to try few times before it gDrive appear in Dolphin and the authentication properly works

helaman wrote:Here is what I did... Running on kubuntu 20.04. Took me about an hour and half to find a way to make it work.

sudo apt install kio-gdrive
sudo apt install sqlite3
In system settings under Online Accounts click on Add new Account.
Refresh on the google authentication window by right clicking and choosing refresh. Sometimes had to do this multiple times.
It eventually worked.
mblithium
Registered Member
OS

Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:15 am
I am also having the same problem, when connecting a Google account and trying to access Gdrive through Dolphin, he only accesses it once, but then it just stops working and keeps loading infinitely. I am using the latest version of KDE Neon with the packages updated so far.
dpriedel
Registered Member

Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:30 pm
I had a really hard time to get this to work. I went through all the steps but I could not see my Google Drive files in Dolphin.

I finally got it to work by first going to google.com and signing into my account. I went to the 'Manage My Account' section. I then went to the 'Protect My Account' section under 'Secutiry Checkup'. In the '3rd Party Access' section I found I already had an entry for KDE Online Accounts.

I deleted that entry and went back to the 'Online Accounts' section from KDE System Settings. I deleted the Google account entry there too.

I then started over from scratch by adding the Google account to my online accounts. After going through the Google account sign-in dialogs, everything just worked !!!

Hope this helps someone
thunder422
Registered Member
OS

Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:12 pm
I can confirm this worked for me also, except under '3rd Party Access' I had 'Ubuntu' instead of 'KDE Online Accounts' possibly because I had this working a long time ago with an earlier version of KDE Neon (not Ubuntu because I never installed pure Ubuntu anywhere), but stopped working also a long time ago and never could get it working again until now.

I also didn't currently have Google Account under Online Accounts because I must have deleted it that last time I tried to get it working again (when I gave up). However, the first time I tried to add the Google Account this time, it hung after entering my email and password (I was under Online Accounts in Setting). I aborted and tried again except from Dolphin this time, and it worked.

Thanks for the solution.

Currently running KDE Neon 5.22.5 and 5.19.4 (with Windows 10 in a VM); migrated from Linux Mint 17.3
dzon
Registered Member

Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:22 pm
Never got it to work properly. Constant crashes, disconnect, couldn't this, couldn't that.....I finally gave up. I run Drive in an ssb anyway. Nevertheless, I gave the google-drive-ocalmfuse https://github.com/astrada/google-drive-ocamlfuse a go. Works a charm, even on Kubuntu 21.10. I don't have the direct share options in Gwenview, Dolphin ( btw, drag n drop also works people)...but, I can just copy files to the Google drive directory in my ~. No need to show the network entry in Dolphin.

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.
questionmuppet
Registered Member

Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:28 am
Then I remembered setting up Google Drive access on a laptop that runs Linux Mint Mate, and decided to see if that method would work - and it did.
That other method uses google-drive-ocamlfuse, with directions on GitHub, under astrada / google-drive-ocamlfuse / wiki / installation

This saved me! Thanks. Working on Kubuntu Focal 20.04.
dzon
Registered Member

Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:05 am
Like I mentioned before. For me personally,a lot easier and faster. No hussle with Google api **** and such and works drag 'n drop wise from every app, to every app.
https://imgur.com/a/5kzdwxl
I don't even bother with cals, useless note keepers and what not anymore. Drag n drop..done.https://imgur.com/a/KQMq7xt
I have a google account and I use some services (drive, gmail, docs, keep...). I don't see the point of having a Drive in dolphin, a cal app, a to do app, a notestaker app etc..when it's easier to do ssb's. And, I have all the stuff synced on my phone. But that's just me. Besides, there's no way of telling Google could get depressed again and stigmatize kde as untrusted.

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.