This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE animations stopped working

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mints-bytes
Registered Member

KDE animations stopped working

Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:34 am
I use KDE Neon and earlier this day I was working on a project when suddenly the interface stopped working. I jumped to the ctrl+alt+f2 and tried to stop the process using kquitapp5 plasmashell but it didn't work so I remembered seeing somewhere someone using pkill to kill processes so I just pkill KDE or something like that and seemingly it worked. When I went back to my default workspace I noted that the screen contours shortcuts and the animations weren't working, basically, all the desktop effects vanished. When I saw that I tried rebooting it with the kquitapp5 and kstart5 but it gave the output:

Code: Select all
qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Available platform plugins are: wayland-org.kde.kwin.qpa, eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-egl, xcb.

I just installed this system I seriously don't wanna do it again, I searched alot but none of the sollutions worked.