This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Slow Boot after system restore with Timeshift

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
neon_user_10000
Registered Member
Hello everyone, I came across this problem a couple of days ago as I finished distro-hopping, and settled in with KDE Neon. I had prepared a system backup with Timeshift, just in case I decided to stick with this distro, which I did.
A few hours after the backup, I picked up my USB stick with neon's ISO and installed it on my machine, then to restore the system with Timeshift and then rebooting.
Rebooting, the system took about 2 minutes to boot, instead of the usual 10-15 seconds. I had this happen before, but I never came across solving it without installing the system and manually copying files and installing packages.
Is it possible to create backup and restore the system with Timeshift without having a slow boot after? Is there any other alternative software that works the same way and doesn't cause the slow boot issue after restore? Will I have to install the system and manually install software and copy files in the chance something happens?
Thank you in advance :)
amandacosta
Registered Member
Did you get any solution? I had to restore my kde neon with the timeshift too, and the boot is taking 2 minutes to start even on a nvme ssd. :|
skla
Registered Member
same here... anyone find the problem? solution?

Maybe there's a workaround? should I set up a new drive with a fresh OS install and restore to that?

Use aptik?

Any suggestions?