This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Detailed vs Tile view in dialog window.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sevensixtwo
Registered Member
I'm using KDE Neon 5.21. When I use Firefox to upload an image to a forum, sometimes the dialog window only lets me see my files in the text-based detail view complemented with a file previewer so I can see one image file at a time: whichever is selected by detail. This is always the behavior after a reboot. However, when I have been logged in for a while, sometimes the dialog window has the options for tile view instead of the detailed view, and it also has a slider bar to make the images easier to see. The following images show the behavior of the dialog window which appears when I'm using Firefox. It vexes me to see these desirable file viewer options mysteriously appear sometimes. Why am I only seeing these options sometimes and how can I make sure they are always there?

Here is my dialog window after reboot missing the options I very much want to see:

Here is my dialog window (sometimes) after I've been logged in a for a while with all the options I want.