This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE Neon updates from Kubuntu

Tags: kde, neon, kubuntu, updates, version, lts, point, release kde, neon, kubuntu, updates, version, lts, point, release kde, neon, kubuntu, updates, version, lts, point, release
(comma "," separated)
davikde
Registered Member

KDE Neon updates from Kubuntu

Thu May 13, 2021 5:42 am
Sorry if the question is stupid, i'm new to Linux. Just a curiosity, Ubuntu/Kubuntu LTS is now version 20.04.2 ,where ".2" is just a point release, right, to fix bugs, security issues, etc. So the question is, since KDE Neon is based on the latest LTS (20.04), so KDE Neon doesn't get the updates that come with the .2, right? In other words, Neon would keep the latest KDE plasma, but with the 20.04 updates only, and would not get the updates that come with 20.04.2, right?

I faced that doubt, when I saw the kernel version from both, KDE Neon which is 5.4, and Kubuntu which is 5.8, kernel that came with the ".2" (20.04.2) updates, if I'm not mistaken. Of course my main concern is not the kernel, but the bug fixes and security updates that came with the ".2" updates.

Thanks a lot.