This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Bug with tray notifications in new Plasma 5.22.1

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alideda
Registered Member
OS
I think that the discussion doesn't make sense, to deny that there is no LTS version, just because it doesn't say LTS and it says that Neon is based on a stable version, which is Ubuntu LTS focal 20.04. I'm waiting for update ...

Introduction

These release notes for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal Fossa) provide an overview of the release and document the known issues with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and its flavors. For details of the changes applied since 20.04, please see the 20.04.2 change summary (includes mention of the 20.04.2.0 changes). The release notes for 20.04 and 20.04.1 are available as well.
Let's change the name and think that all users of the distribution are mentally retarded. Unnecessary cosmetic changes as in the calendar, horror
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
There used to be a Neon LTS variant, that only had the Plasma LTS, not 'regular' plasma versions. It was recently discontinued.

https://blog.neon.kde.org/2021/04/06/th ... s-edition/
https://userbase.kde.org/Neon/LTS/EOL

And to be clear, the core OS is LTS, to be sure, but the Plasma part provided by Neon is not.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
alideda
Registered Member
OS
Whether you are joking or playing with users, now everything is changing at once. I have this installation as a user editio and it is based on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Now, suddenly, as children in kindergarten, "I want to pee, I won't pee" everything changes. Why would I make manual changes instead of the distribution creator doing it through an update. I am shocked by this knowledge, it turns out that I, as a user, should follow every post on the Internet and find out that you are changing the concept of distribution. I am a user who uses distribution for different tasks, I am not a developer, I have no ambition to make changes that are not clear to me. Thanks for the link, but it doesn't inspire confidence in me, because there were also problems with the transition from one version of the plasma to another :o

Does the home dir file have any extension? Should the source.d content of the ppa definition be deleted? Should the source.list where Ubuntu is called be deleted? Lots of undefined parameters leading to disaster. Reinstalling, so that was the main slogan windows must be reinstalled and Linux not it is repaired.
I well remember the transitions from one version to another, blood, sweat and tears; failed to install iso files