This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Hooking Wi-Fi up to KDE neon

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
culann
Registered Member

Hooking Wi-Fi up to KDE neon

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:47 pm
I don't know if I'm doing this wrong or right but I can't seem to figure out how to get Wi-Fi on it
koffeinfriedhof
Registered Member
OS

Re: Hooking Wi-Fi up to KDE neon

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:12 pm
I think the answer is 42

Please provide information what you exactly did, what did you expect and what were the results? Are the drivers loaded? Are there errors in the journal? How did you try to connect to a wifi?
culann
Registered Member

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:22 pm
koffeinfriedhof wrote:I think the answer is 42

Please provide information what you exactly did, what did you expect and what were the results? Are the drivers loaded? Are there errors in the journal? How did you try to connect to a wifi?

No I actually have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to this I just went into connections and put in my information from there I did not know what I'm doing
koffeinfriedhof
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:39 pm
No one can read for you. Consider using the Help/Documentation, the Project Website on gnome.org or the manpage `man NetworkManager`
culann
Registered Member

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:44 pm
koffeinfriedhof wrote:No one can read for you. Consider using the Help/Documentation, the Project Website on gnome.org or the manpage `man NetworkManager`

What I was trying to say is I do not know what I'm doing I have never done anything with Linux before I do not know how to set up the Wi-Fi on this thing I've tried previous attempts of looking around on the internet to figure it out but I do not know how to
culann
Registered Member

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:32 pm
I'm still unable to hook up wi-fi I do not know what to do can someone please help me
koffeinfriedhof
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:10 pm
You need to ask for details and provide them while asking. No one sits next to you.
Did you read the gnome-link? What exactly do you not understand?
culann
Registered Member

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:09 pm
koffeinfriedhof wrote:You need to ask for details and provide them while asking. No one sits next to you.

It doesn't say much other than the installation I have it installed but that still does not help me connect the Wi-Fi to the computer

This is what I have
https://ibb.co/6mZzL18
claydoh
Registered Member
OS

Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:03 am
culann wrote:
koffeinfriedhof wrote:You need to ask for details and provide them while asking. No one sits next to you.

It doesn't say much other than the installation I have it installed but that still does not help me connect the Wi-Fi to the computer

This is what I have
https://ibb.co/6mZzL18

So is the wifi applet in the system tray showing any wifi access points? Are you sure that the adapter is working?
https://i.imgur.com/yCezPrd.png
It would help to know what wifi card you have, etc. Perhaps it needs a non-free or third party driver, a number of them do.

Something likje this can help:
$ lshw -C network
WARNING: you should run this program as super-user.
*-network DISABLED
description: Wireless interface
product: RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter
vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:02:00.0
logical name: wlp2s0
version: 00
serial: 48:5f:99:75:bf:45
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rtw_8821ce driverversion=5.11.0-25-generic firmware=N/A latency=0 link=no multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11
resources: irq:140 ioport:4000(size=256) memory:a0500000-a050ffff

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001