This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Listing of Installed Programs

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bburgin
Registered Member

Listing of Installed Programs

Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:18 pm
Currently running Neon LTS 18.04, and want to do a reinstall to current LTS. Looking for an easy, easy way to list the installed applications on my system since I've been using it daily for years. I've tried the following post commands and it lists everything installed.

https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... d-programs.

I'm just wanting to screenshot the applications om my system other than the stock KDE programs from Discovery such as (converseen, rustdesk). I have installed applications from debs and app images over the past several years.

Thanks in advance for the help
koffeinfriedhof
Registered Member
OS

Re: Listing of Installed Programs

Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:51 pm
Hi!

How do you think the system can «know» what you try to find? It can list different types of packages, like e.g. manual installed which could be the clostest you can get with apt-mark showmanual | sort. To mark some dependencies as automatic installed you could run `apt-mark minimize-manual` before getting the list.

For the flatpak-stuff, I have no idea, as I do not have any of them installed. `flatpak list` should do it as there are no preinstalled flatpaks.
bburgin
Registered Member

Re: Listing of Installed Programs

Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:31 am
The command "apt-mark showmanual " was what I needed. Thanks! never seen this command before.

BB