This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Krunner text hard to read

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zoodany
Registered Member

Krunner text hard to read

Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:31 am
Hi,

Is there any way to change color of krunner text?
At the moment (with oxygen theme) is light gray on white backround. Even if I change the color scheme there is no difference.

Thanks.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Krunner text hard to read

Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:08 pm
Is this also the case in the default Breeze Theme? Please also state your exact Plasma version and distribution.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
zoodany
Registered Member

Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:13 am
Mamarok wrote:Is this also the case in the default Breeze Theme? Please also state your exact Plasma version and distribution.

Nope, it happens just with oxygen.

Kde Neon ver 5.22.4
joninchaurbe
Registered Member
OS

Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:46 pm
zoodany wrote:
Mamarok wrote:Is this also the case in the default Breeze Theme? Please also state your exact Plasma version and distribution.

Nope, it happens just with oxygen.

Kde Neon ver 5.22.4

First, excuse me if my English isn't very good because English is not my mother tongue.

I really like Oxygen theme though it has some problems, just as you have told.
I have solved that problem deleting the lineedit.svgz file (or perhaps changing its name) which is responsible of that silvered background in krunner, and kickoff and the screen for putting your password for unblocking the screen.
You can find it in the directory: desktoptheme/oxygen/widgets/ (probably in /usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/oxygen/widgets if the theme was installed by default).
After deleting it, you will already see a white background. It doesn't seem a pretty solution :-).
The next step to solve it is changing that color. For that, you must edit the 'colors' file (.../desktoptheme/oxygen/colors). In [Colors:View] section change values for 'BackgroundNormal=' and choose another combination instead of "252,252,252" (White). For example, 0,0,0 (black), 75,75,75 (grey) or your favorite color. To select a color Kcolorchooser is really useful.

Enjoy it :)
joninchaurbe
Registered Member
OS

Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:54 pm
I've forgotten...
For seeing results, you can:
a) close your session and star a new session.
b) Choose another plasma desktop theme, apply and then choose again oxygen theme and apply it.
zoodany
Registered Member

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:01 am
joninchaurbe wrote:...
I have solved that problem deleting the lineedit.svgz file (or perhaps changing its name) which is responsible of that silvered background in krunner, and kickoff and the screen for putting your password for unblocking the screen.
You can find it in the directory: desktoptheme/oxygen/widgets/ (probably in /usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/oxygen/widgets if the theme was installed by default).
After deleting it, you will already see a white background. It doesn't seem a pretty solution :-).
The next step to solve it is changing that color. For that, you must edit the 'colors' file (.../desktoptheme/oxygen/colors). In [Colors:View] section change values for 'BackgroundNormal=' and choose another combination instead of "252,252,252" (White). For example, 0,0,0 (black), 75,75,75 (grey) or your favorite color. To select a color Kcolorchooser is really useful.

Enjoy it :)

Thank you very much. I will definitely do that!