This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cannot install deepin screen recorder on my kde neon install

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
literiyusaki
Registered Member
I cannot install deepin screen recorder on my kde neon install. Seems there are some dependencies that apt refuses to install. apt --fix-broken install doesn't solve the issue.

I tried installing some of these dependencies manually but the I am led to even more dependencies to them that I still cannot install.

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Starting pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 2
Starting 2 pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 2
Investigating (0) deepin-screen-recorder:amd64 < none -> 5.0.0-1build2 @un puN Ib >
Broken deepin-screen-recorder:amd64 Depends on libdtkwidget2:amd64 < none | 2.1.1-1build3 @un uH > (>= 2.0.11)
Considering libdtkwidget2:amd64 0 as a solution to deepin-screen-recorder:amd64 9999
Re-Instated libstartup-notification0:amd64
Reinst Failed early because of qtbase-abi-5-12-8:amd64
Investigating (0) deepin-notifications:amd64 < none -> 3.3.4-1build1 @un uN Ib >
Broken deepin-notifications:amd64 Depends on libdtkwidget2:amd64 < none | 2.1.1-1build3 @un uH > (>= 2.0.11)
Considering libdtkwidget2:amd64 0 as a solution to deepin-notifications:amd64 0
Holding Back deepin-notifications:amd64 rather than change libdtkwidget2:amd64
Investigating (1) deepin-screen-recorder:amd64 < none -> 5.0.0-1build2 @un puN Ib >
Broken deepin-screen-recorder:amd64 Depends on deepin-notifications:amd64 < none | 3.3.4-1build1 @un uH >
Considering deepin-notifications:amd64 0 as a solution to deepin-screen-recorder:amd64 9999
Reinst Failed because of libdtkwidget2:amd64
Broken deepin-screen-recorder:amd64 Depends on libdtkwidget2:amd64 < none | 2.1.1-1build3 @un uH > (>= 2.0.11)
Considering libdtkwidget2:amd64 0 as a solution to deepin-screen-recorder:amd64 9999
Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
deepin-screen-recorder : Depends: deepin-notifications but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libdtkwidget2 (>= 2.0.11) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
This package needs a very specific versions of Qt, and as Neon adds a more up to date version, the package won't install in Neon.

Rather, one of the screen recorder's required library deps, Deepin's libdtkwidget2, has this Qt dependency.

It is one of the small number of packages in Ubuntu that have hard-coded Qt version deps, and are not actually built by Ubuntu themselves. They are simply directly imported from Debian, and have this very specific version dep on qtbase-abi-5-12/libqt5core5a version 5.12. Neon provides 5.15

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
literiyusaki
Registered Member
claydoh wrote:This package needs a very specific versions of Qt, and as Neon adds a more up to date version, the package won't install in Neon.

Rather, one of the screen recorder's required library deps, Deepin's libdtkwidget2, has this Qt dependency.

It is one of the small number of packages in Ubuntu that have hard-coded Qt version deps, and are not actually built by Ubuntu themselves. They are simply directly imported from Debian, and have this very specific version dep on qtbase-abi-5-12/libqt5core5a version 5.12. Neon provides 5.15
claydoh wrote:This package needs a very specific versions of Qt, and as Neon adds a more up to date version, the package won't install in Neon.

So basically there is no way to get it installed then?
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
literiyusaki wrote:

No, not in Neon without one of the following:

[*]building from source,
Doable, but there will be a learning curve involved as well as research and trial-and-error

[*]learning how to unpack, modify and repackage the deb file for any and all dependency packages that have the 'old' Qt dependency
Doable, but will require some research, and this would have to be done on any package that depends on the 'old' Qt - there might be more than the one in the error message you have.

[*]See if there is a flatpak, appimage, or snap available
I did not see any

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
literiyusaki
Registered Member
claydoh wrote:
literiyusaki wrote:

No, not in Neon without one of the following:

[*]building from source,
Doable, but there will be a learning curve involved as well as research and trial-and-error

[*]learning how to unpack, modify and repackage the deb file for any and all dependency packages that have the 'old' Qt dependency
Doable, but will require some research, and this would have to be done on any package that depends on the 'old' Qt - there might be more than the one in the error message you have.

[*]See if there is a flatpak, appimage, or snap available
I did not see any

Thanks, I think I will go with the first option.
literiyusaki
Registered Member
Well, I made an appimmage. Thing is, once it's executed, I am getting (*** stack smashing detected ***: <unknown> terminated). I know it's due to some buffer overflow protection (I'm no expert) but I don't know why.